Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moments aboard Brainstorm













Hi everyone! Since I didn't have any photos handy when I posted the last entry, I thought I'd put a few here to further illustrate our time crossing from Baja to the mainland, and our days aboard Brainstorm, in general. As you will see, sunrise, sunset, sails, and reflections were our entertainment as we passed multiple days motoring and sailing; there are many photos of colorful skies on our camera.
In the present moment, we are anchored at one of our very favorite places: Chacala! This is where we had our wedding ceremony last March, and it is great to be here again. We have been lucky to have waves to surf during the past two days. Yesterday the four of us had the break all to ourselves. Today is overcast, and the waters are calm so, instead of surfing, we went on a dinghy ride up an estuary. It was alive with birds including herons, osprey, egrets, warblers, etc. It was very serene adventure.
Now we are back in town, passing a lazy afternoon, dragging our feet a bit because we know we have to leave and send Harry on his way tomorrow. We will check in from the marina in La Cruz, when we have a minute. We expect you are all alive with the festivities of the holidays and hope that you are enjoying all your moments.
Lots of love,
Jess and Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hello travelers,

    Just 'cause I haven't written, doesn't mean I haven't been followng along. What a fabulous time you must be having. Good job Jess with the Blog and for all the awesome photos. The scenes are breath-taking. Are my eyes worsening or do I actually see a beard growing, Ryan? Say hi to Chacala for us. Wish we were there. Hey Jess, do you think you could pick up some body/hand lotion from Mar de Jade? I don't know if there are different kinds, but I love the one you put in my bag.

    It's been a slow recovery with my knee surgery so it looks as though I won't be going to California after baby Gavin is born. Rich and I will probably make the trip together given the right time.

    Everyone is hustling about trying to get things done. We look forward to a fun-filled Christmas Day at the King's with Kaden, Beck & Scarlet. They're the cutest. You guys will be greatly missed, but certainly in our thoughts.
    Much love to you both and many blessing in the New Year. Hugs, Judy
    p.s. We're still eating birthday cake from the freezer. It's so decadent, you only need a bite here and there.

    ReplyDelete